Granite is used a lot for flooring in modern furnishings and constructions, as it has unique characteristics making it suitable for this purpose.
In fact, this material is long-lasting, non-deformable, resistant to people and vehicles passing over it and is incredibly difficult to scratch.
This is an excellent solution if the surface will be stepped on and, therefore, used a lot and, thanks to its considerable specific weight, it remains practically anchored to the ground once put into place.
Granite is a natural volcanic stone that is suitable for outdoor use as it is resistant to atmospheric agents and can withstand high temperatures and icy weather.
For outdoor flooring, the stone is normally flamed, a technique that makes the surface completely non-slip.
This finish also makes the surface practical to clean: all you need is a simple jet of water and the flamed surface regains its original look.
The multicoloured pattern of a granite pavement easily hides any dirt from view and the fact that the surface grinding process gets rid of any cavities ensures that this stone is also practical to maintain.
For your granite flooring, we are able to produce a range of different varieties, thicknesses, shapes and finishes.
Starting from a thickness of 1cm, we can create various types of flooring:
- Flooring with lengthwise installation: with this method, all paving slabs have the same width but different lengths, allowing you to make maximum use of the entire slab, reducing waste.
- Flooring with fixed measurement: all paving slabs have the same length and width, but this nevertheless depends on the size of the original slab, again to avoid waste; minimum size: 60x30cm.
- Chequered flooring: the paving slabs are cut to the perfect size in the lab, without having to cut anything while work is ongoing. At the same time, this creates an even pattern between the different shapes.
- Open-book flooring: the slabs from the same block are opened like the pages of a book, creating a unique, mirror-like symmetrical effect using the slab's natural veining. Every slab is numbered allowing for customised installation in the room. For our open-book flooring solutions, we select the slabs directly and we pre-install the paving in the worksite, allowing the customer to see the flooring during the implementation phase.
- Flooring with continuous veining:Each slab is numbered and the veining creates the effect of a perfect pattern that runs along the floor.
Our team of experts can advise you on the option that best suits your needs, get in touch to book your appointment with us right away!
Here you can also find other types of natural stones; to meet your every need! Contact us!